Whether you’re trying to save the planet or just a couple bucks at the pump, increasing your fuel efficiency is always a good idea. From under the hood to behind the wheel, there are plenty of ways to make your ride more efficient; here’s our quick list of easy efficiency tips to help you get where you’re going for less:
- Make sure you’re at the proper tire pressure. Adjusting your tire pressure to the correct PSI once a month can up your efficiency up to 3%.
- If you notice any issues with your vehicle, fix them ASAP. Getting a tune-up to right those little problems can give improve your efficiency up to 4%. If you’re experiencing a serious issue, fixing it can save you a whopping 40% in terms of gas mileage.
- Hard braking and extreme acceleration can destroy your efficiency. Drive slow and smart and you’ll get about 33% further on the freeway.
- Similarly, use your cruise control on the highway when possible. Keeping your car at a steady pace will save you fuel.
- This might be the easiest of our easy efficiency tips: if you don’t need something in your car, lose it. Extra weight takes a surprising toll on your fuel efficiency. Minimize what you’re carrying and maximize your fuel economy.
Contact us at Bates Nissan if you are looking for more ways to save on fuel, such as checking out a fuel efficient Nissan Sentra!