With April 1st right around the corner, we thought it would be funny to take a break from car related events and post some easy, harmless office pranks to get some inspiration for the upcoming April Fool’s Day.
While we all wish we could pull off a prank like the one below, we may not have the time to do it, so we’ve given you some simple pranks to try instead!
Warning: Nobody should be injured while doing these or any pranks on April Fool’s Day!
- Mouse Trap – This is a classic. You place a piece of clear tape over the laser tracker on the bottom of the mouse and your coworker will wonder why their mouse isn’t working!
- Invisible ink – For this, you use clear nail polish and put a little bit on the ends of every pen so they won’t write. It can easily be removed with a little nail polish remover.
- Kidnapping – This involves a little creativity. You must come up with a ransom note to place in the object’s place. This could be a photograph or pencil jar, but it would be funny to lead the person on a hunt to get their object back!
- Paper clips – This is also a classic. You get to work before everyone else and put a paper clip in the copy machine and make a bunch of copies with a paper clip in the middle of the paper. Then you take the papers that have printed and return them to the paper drawer. People will spend time looking for the imaginary paper clip in the copier that has printed on their page!
- It’s raining, it’s pouring – Everyone loves afternoon showers, right? Use a squirt gun and give your neighbor one. Make sure to offer them a towel after.
- Under pressure – For this, you only need some tape and an office chair. Take the take and secure the lever that adjusts the chair’s height so it will fluctuate when the person sits in it or stands up.
- Paper clip strip – This simple prank can become a pain when you go to pull one paper clip and instead get an entire strand!
- While you were out – Every time your “victim” leaves their desk, call their phone and hang up right before they can return to answer. You can even leave a message saying you’re “Mr. Lee Muhr” from the Iowa Blank Park Zoo and leave a phone number. They have designated lines just for these prank calls: Ms. Diane Osaurus 515-974-2670; Mr. Lee Muhr 515-974-2671; Mr. Al Gator 515-974-2673
- Delicious but Suspicious – Bake a tray of brownies or some cookies and put a sign that says “Happy April Fool’s Day!” with them in a common area for your coworkers and watch as they’re too nervous to eat them.
- Smirk – Even though you haven’t done anything, you can act as if you have. Throw in phrases like “I hope you enjoy your coffee,” or “are you really going to eat that?” to make people worry.
While most everyone likes a little harmless fun every now and then, some people do not so make sure you’re choosing your “victims” carefully. The last thing you would want is to make someone mad at you.
Record your pranks and make sure to share them with us at Bates Nissan on our Facebook page! Happy pranking!