Texas weather rarely stabilizes for longer than a week and that can do a number on your car. One thing many auto owners fear most is water damage. Water damage can hide anywhere in the vehicle and many drivers don’t know how to find it. Here’s how to spot water damage in a car from us here at Bates Nissan!
- Feel – When examining the interior for water damage after the Texas weather has taken its toll, be sure to look at and feel the carpet, upholstery, and panels for dampness. Any sign of wetness means water da
mage isn’t far off. Ask a professional how to fix the problem.
- Listen – Start the engine and listen closely. If you hear any strange noises, make a note of it and take it to a professional right away. Pay special attention to important parts like the starter, power steering unit, and serpentine belt. If any of those parts suffer significant damage, the car won’t run.
- Look – Check the headlights and taillights for moisture and small amounts of water. Replace the bulbs accordingly. While you’re at it, check out the air filter as well. If it’s wet, replace it and change the oil for good measure.
Moving house is a gigantic task that no one can handle alone, which has ultimately resulted in moving services like Uhaul. While the abundance of innovative technology has changed how we find homes, the actual process of moving still remains an old art form. Here at Bates Nissan, we have some helpful moving tips to help you save money and move easier!
- Moving Boxes – Rather than dump a good amount of money on boxes to pack your stuff in, check out places that usually have boxes in bulk. Craigslist, grocery stores, warehouses, and supermarkets usually have excess boxes they just throw away. Taking a few minutes to talk to a manager or supervisor could save you a couple bucks by the time you’re done moving.
- First-Night Box – Odds are that once you’ve arrived at your new home, you’ll be too tired to unpack everything. That’s why packing a first-night box could come in handy. Unpacking a single box to get your clothes and coffee maker is easier than unpacking many boxes.
- Plastic Wrap – Believe it or not, unloading your dresser isn’t necessary to move. In the interest of saving time, use plastic wrap to keep the drawers shut when moving. Not only will you save time packing, you’ll save time unpacking as well!
- Rent the Perfect Vehicle for Moving – Whether you’re moving across town or across the country, having the right vehicle for moving is important. Rent a van or truck from Uhaul or through the Hertz rental car company to guarantee that you will have enough room to pack all of your moving boxes and furniture.
The Texas State Parks are some of the finest in the country. The parks are pristine and offer lots of opportunity for activity.
Mother Neff State Park
Highlights: This park lies along the Leon River. A picnic on the bank of the river makes for a truly beautiful and memorable experience. The park also features 5 miles of hiking trails.
Colorado Bend State Park
Highlights: Almost no other park offers the diversity that Colorado Bend State Park does. You can do everything from mountain biking to exploring caves to jetting your boat on Lake Buchanan to simply admiring the surrounding canyons.
Inks Lake State Park
Highlights: Nowhere else can you better appreciate the beauty of Texas Hill Country than at Inks Lake State Park. The gorgeous lake offers opportunities to swim, scuba dive, fish and ski.
Longhorn Cavern State Park
Highlights: A 1.25 mile round trip through the cavern is a stunning experience. Take a guided tour for a more enhanced experience.
There is plenty to do at these four great Texas State Parks. Of course, you can also just simply pay a visit, take it easy and marvel at the unique and diverse beauty found in this great state. Make sure you have a reliable car to get you to and from these state parks. Let us know which Texas State Park is your favorite and why!
If you find yourself in our area, that means you’re just a short drive away from Waco, Texas – where you’ll find the brand new Magnolia Market, operated by the hosts of HGTV’s Fixer Uppers.
Magnolia Market at the Silos is home to tons of shops, food trucks, and various activities, ideal for a personal stroll or a family event. If you’re looking to shop or if you’re looking to relax, the Magnolia Market is for you.
The Market is mostly focused on home design, with the goal of making you excited about your home. You are sure to find something in one of the market’s many shops that will inspire you.
And in between shops or for your little ones, Magnolia Market is home to a huge lawn with a long list of games for families and friends, such as cornhole, football, and potato sack races.
Lastly, if you’re stopping by, don’t forget to bring water and sunscreen!