Whenever we sell a new Nissan Altima at Bates Nissan, we ask the driver where they hope to take their new car. A good number of drivers are planning for a fun weekend road trip to Austin, which is only about an hour’s drive from Killeen and has plenty of fun activities.
Here are our favorite things to do in Austin, Texas:
- Zilker Metropolitan Park: If you love the outdoors, you will want to spend an afternoon at this park, hiking, kayaking, or just enjoying the sun.
- Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library and Museum: Bookworms and history buffs alike will want to visit this museum, dedicated to our 36th
- Bar Crawl: Austin is known for its abundance of breweries. Leave your Altima at the hotel and walk to breweries such as Hops and Grain Brewing, Austin Beerworks, and Adelbert’s Brewery.
- The Moody Theater: Austin is challenging Nashville as the best city for live music. Head to the Moody Theatre for a fantastic concert.
- Congress Avenue Bridge: If you like to get spooked, visit the Congress Avenue Bridge in the evening—1.5 million bats have made the bridge their home, and they come out to play at night.
- State Capitol: Of course, no trip to Austin is complete without a visit to the State Capitol. Check out the website for more information about guided tours.
For even more ideas for keeping busy in Austin, call us at Bates Nissan.